Sunday 3 November 2013

Flames of War Day of Days and Polish AK

First post of my large (ish) Flames of War collection. This is a small portion of my German Army and also a WIP on my Polish AK which I haven't touched for at least a year. I have lots of other stuff but too much for one post!
To be honest, when V3 came along finally, I got I bit jaded and perhaps lost some interest in playing the system... but I'm back!
With Day of Days doubles tournament looming and thousands of dollars of figures just sitting there, there was always an intention to be back playing flames again at some point.

We (Jason and I were pencilled in to play together this year) are going to field the 21st Panzer in some form, so of course neither of us have any of the funnies yet but Jas really wants a 21st Army for late War anyway so this time I'll be using someone else's troops... at least we have plenty of time to paint them.




 (And in doing so I can lend these if anyone out there would like to play but have Russians or whatever, I have other stuff that isn't pictured here)

POLISH AK (Home Army- Warsaw uprising- Battalion Zoska part of group Radoslaw)

These guys are a work in progress like I mentioned earlier. Of all the partisan fighters of ww2 I love these guys the most, all they ever wanted was their own country, language, culture and religious freedom... and they had to endure some of the most horrible things/crimes committed by the Nazis... in the end the uprising failed and the oppression continued long after the German presence by way of the Russian occupation and inclusion into communist USSR. I would like to say that I am glad that today they have their own nation to call their own. This force represents and honours those who stood for what was right and sacrificed so much, for Poland.
 


HQ with Kedyw platoons, the objective slips are hand painted, the left one is the Jewish resistance flag/badge (common jewish symbol that evolved into the Israeli flag) and the other on the right is the handsewn embroidered badge of their Battalion

The Armour- captured Panthers (Magda and Pudel). These blew apart the guard towers of the Jewish labour camp and freed the Jewish prisoners, many of them joined the unit to fight the Germans.
 
Next is all the stuff I have started but haven't finished in order of what I have done the most work on
LOTS AND LOTS of infantry and guns, in fact, I have enough to build about 3500points, much of it is not even based up yet
Objectives and Hetzer(not Zoska but another Baon)

Piechoty

Piechoty

Piechoty

HQ

Kedyw

Kedyw

 box of based up but not painted (you get the idea, its going to be a long project!) I'll take my time and do spurts as I get inspiration, I've been told I am NOT allowed to sell these!
Thanks for looking,
constructive feedback welcome

7 comments:

  1. I like the Poles, what figures did you use for them (German, Soviets...)?
    I was thinking of maybe doing some forces for Chain of Command.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im not sure what scale CoC is, is that a different 15mm WW2 system?
    You won't believe it but there is all sorts...
    Finnish riflemen (some Legions East figures)
    Soviet riflemen
    French Partisans (This was before battlefront released their Russian Partisans) 3 boxes
    Partisans and Polizei x2 boxes
    Brit commandos blister
    ss mid war company box x2 (they stole thousands of SS uniforms)
    bailed out tank crews and other assorted bits
    and a couple of hundred headswaps, all pinned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the list. CoC is Chain of Command (should of specified), a platoon level game that i've started in 15mm.

      Delete
  3. Great job Andy. Looking forward to DoD myself and hop it reignites your interest. CoC is a new WWII game out.

    Great looking army, but not sure I'd feel comfortable running a German force against it though given the history of the Polish uprising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Craig,
      Its the big drawback I guess... no actual historical scenarios for me!!
      Although the first three days would be great, but as control was handed over- not so cool.
      It'll be a fun army to take down to the club etc. for the odd smash up.
      I've only ever had the one game, verses Lionel... he took the Hungarian assault guns and I had to defend a fighting withdrawl! It was a huge mess as the conscripts dead pile heaped up but the morale held me in to win the game.

      Delete
  4. Super awesome to see how far your Polish Guard army has come. Looking great mate!
    Really cool diorama action as well as painting in general.
    Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Odisha Board class 12th is a turning point in student’s careers. After completing the schooling they will step into college life. The way they perform in Odisha Board class 12 will decide in which college they get the admission. CHSE +2 Books 2021-2022 Also, the syllabus of BSE Odisha Class 12 covers all the important topics that are mostly asked in competitive examination. Thus, Candidates should study focusing on concepts not only for Odisha board exam but also for competitive exams.

    ReplyDelete